Volkswagen group have developed their immobilizer systems on VW vehicle form original version to 5 gen immobilizer system.In this article i will introduce the 3th immobilizer system,and make a summry of How to program VW 3 gen immobilizer system.
3 Gen Immobilizer System VW Vehicle Coverage:
Most vehicle model after 2001,include:
VW 3 Gen Immobilizer System Built:
*1 Immobilizer Control Unit(integrate in combination instrument)
*2 Immoblizer light on instrument cluster
*3 Indentify coil on ignition
*4 ECU(Electronic Control Unit)
*5 Key (Equipped with electronnic transponder)
Situations of Programming For VW 3 Gen Immobilizer System
*1 Program Key.
*2 Programming for replacement of ECU.
*3 Programming for replacement combination instrument.
*4 Programming for replacement ECU and combination instrument.
#1 Program Key:
- Before programming,you need to solve the trouble and clear the trouble code.
- Insert the first key into ignition and turn it to “NO”position
- Read the 14 digits VIN by self-diagnose function of immobilizer
- Sent the VIN to dealer and ask for 7 digits pin code.
- Connect key programmer to vehicle,access the immobilizer system,enter the 7 digit pin code.
- Enter the how many key you want to program,then wait for system program completely.
1 You need to program all keys,otherwise some key can not work.
2 After program completely,use scanner to read the trouble,if there isn’t any trouble,it means program successfully.
3 Programming progress will end automatically at below situations:
- a) The keys progarmed number up to limited
- b) Insert the key has been programed into ignition over 15s.
- c) The time of programming for key over 30s.
- d) One of trouble is stored.
#3 Programming for replacement combination instrument.
After replacing combination instrument,the new one need to be programed to ECU.And if there is no original key,the ECU and all keys need to be replaced.
- Insert the original key into ignition and turn it to the “ON”
- Use the key programmer read out the VIN of immobilizer system and identify number of combination instrument control unit.
- Sent the VIN to dealer and ask for 7 digits PIN.
- Install the new combination instrument.
- Use the diagnostic tool active the immobilizer system.
- Use the diagnostic tool to program new combination instrument to ECU.
- Program all keys.
When you program new combination instrument to ECU,the original identify code will cover new identify code of new combination.And if you cover the original