ISUZU P0016 will set when the engine ignition timing is improper. Incorrect installation of the timing gear, flywheel, or camshaft is most likely the cause.Here the guide show you how to repair P0016 flash code 16 crankshaft position-camshaft position correlation.
1 Check engine control system
2 Prioritized DTC check
Connect the scan tool.
Turn OFF the ignition switch for 30 seconds or more.
Start the engine. If the engine does not start, crank the engine for 10 seconds.
Observe the DTC information with a scan tool. Is DTC P0335, P0336, P0340, or P0341 set at the same time?You need solve related trouble before next step
3 CKP sensor and CMP sensor inspection
Inspect the CKP sensor and CMP sensor for the following.
- Damaged sensor
- Loose or improperly installed sensor
- Excessive clearance
- Foreign material passing between the sensor and flywheel or between the sensor and the camshaft gear.
- Damaged flywheel or camshaft gear
- Loose or improperly installed flywheel or camshaft gear
2) Inspect the installation status of the timing gear and camshaft.
- If the flywheel dowel pins are missing or pushed, or the flywheel is not correctly installed, the DTC may be set.
3) Repair or replace as necessary.
1) Clear the DTC with a scan tool.
2) Turn OFF the ignition switch for 30 seconds or more.
3) Start the engine. If the engine does not start, crank the engine for 10 seconds.
4) Operate the vehicle under the conditions for running the DTC.
5) Observe the DTC information with a scan tool.
More ISUZU repair,please refer to:ISUZU Truck Repair.