Many BMW owner suffer from BMW FRM3 module trouble,except for those who perform many BMW coding/programming on their BMWs.Because,the EEPROM of BMW FEM3 was damaged due to voltage fluctuation when you coding/programming,and it result in IFH-0009 error and no communication via OBD.So here i share a guide on how to repair BMW FRM3 EEPROM damaged trouble.
In this case the FRM3 module is still good but requires a good EEPROM dump / p-flash being written to it. Once the good EEPROM is in, communication via obd should be restored and vin / VO will need to changed. You also need to find a correct zusb number and flash it with winkfp.
Some contents about BMW FRM Modules:
MCU is a 9S12XDT384 (mask 3M25J)
My collection of FRM3 dumps – p-flash and EEPROM.
1. Erase EEPROM (4096bytes)
2. Write good dump
3. Verify obd working and change vin / VO as if retrofitting used FRM3.
4. Flash with correct zusb number for your vehicle using winkfp.
To connect to the MCU there are 3 methods I’m aware of:
1. In socket – desolder chip
2. In circuit – BDM points – reverse of PCB – see image attached.
3. Direct – test clips onto pins like Pamona Micro Grabbers or cheaper alternative.
Hopefully this is helpful for someone.