Folding mirror feature will allow you to hold the lock button on key fob for 2.5 seconds and the mirrors will automatically fold in. When the unlock button on the key fob is pressed, the mirrors will automatically fold back out. If you have Comfort Access installed, touching the driver or passenger door’s handle will allow the mirrors to fold in or out as well. And in this article I will share the BMW E-series folding mirror coding guide step by step,and put some FAQs of folding mirror coding when you coding it yourself and at end of article you would better to watch video guide for more detail.
What you need for folding mirror coding?
1. A coding cable,such as(K+CAN)
2. A laptop installed with (NCS Expert)
Folding Mirror Feature Comfired Working Car Model:
BMW E90(from 2005~2011)
2007 E92/2012 E92
2008 E93 2008 M3
If you have confirmed this feature works for a model year not listed, tell us by writing a reply to this tutorial below.
Procedures of folding mirror coding:
In this guide case,i will take the BMW E60 as a example.
1. Connect the coding cable to your vehicle and laptop,then run the INPA software to confirm the battery and ignition is on(There are two black dot),then esc.
2. Launch the NCS Expert software.Click “File”–>”Load profile”–>”Expert Mode”,then click OK.
3. Press “F3” or click the buttom “ZCS/FA ECU”.Then choice your vehicle body stype,here i choice E60,select “CAS” click OK.
4 Then you will see it pull up VIN at top,and you need to hit F6 to back.Then click “Process ECU”,and you need to choice the module you want to work with.Here for folding mirror select “KGM”,then click “OK”
5. Hit F2 to changed job,choice “CODIFRINDEX_LESEN”,then click “OK”—>”Read ECU”.It may take a second,you will see a white page with a whole bunch of numbers and letters pull up,then close the white page window.
6. Then minimize NCS Expert software,and look for a file called FSW_PSW,a lot of people have dot TRC.Then copy it,and paste it in your backup folder.
7. Open the FSW_PSW file with notepad,find below and change it to as right show:
nicht_aktiv” ===> aktive
nicht_aktiv” ===> aktiv
Then save the change,the file type as all file,name it ”FSW_PSW.MAIN”
It prompt “FSW_PSW.MAIN” already exists.Do you want to replace it?Click Yes.
8. Go back to NCS Expert,click “F2” change job to select “SG_CODIEREN”–>click “OK”
9. Click “Execute job”.Now a lot of things that you execute you’ll see on the iDrive it will go black.Basicall reboot and the BMW will come up.If your motors are not in your rearview mirrors,it will not black,but you can go ahead and model now.
BMW E60 Folding Mirror Coding Video Guide:
Folding Mirror Coding Bimmers Feedback:
Okaii:I had to change both SPIEGEL_KOMFORT_EINKLAP in the NFRM and KOMFORTSCHLIESSUNG_FB in the CAS module from nicht_aktiv to aktiv to get this to work on my 2008 M3 with Comfort Access.
Nick:Hi, (2008 E93 without CA)
I had to change KOMFORTSCHLIESSUNG_FB and FH_KOMFORTF_MIT_SUBST in CAS and SPIEGEL_KOMFORT_EINKLAPP in NFRM to aktiv for the mirrors to fold in/out with the fob but on my car the alarm goes off within 30 seconds every time I lock it without pressing the fob button twice to disable the interior sensor.
Gang:This works on a 2012 (LCI) E92 M3, again by setting ASP_KOMFORT_EINKLAPP = activ in the NFRM module.Thanks for the guide. I’d done a fair bit of coding on my E46 M3 so this wasn’t all new, but very helpful none-the-less for the important bits of magic.
Leno:I’m new to the Bimmer family as I just picked up a 2008 BMW E60 sedan. I watched many “how to program” youtube videos but yours hands down makes allot of sense. Question for you… any specific programming cable on Ebay that I should purchase to program my car? Thanks.
Reply:check the port on you drivers side floor area, some look like a big block plug labled ODB, and others look like a computer internet cord. However sellers list it buy make and year if compatible.
Eges:I can not find the KGM all I see is KBM and KOMBI
Answer:Different years called the ecu modules different things. You will have to Google it. I had the same problem with a few mods I did and discovered the module under a different name.