What is BMW Rheingold ISTA ?
ISTA is a workshop system that contains BMW AG Data and Information. ISTA stands for Integrated Service Technical Application. Way back when, during the initial development of this tool, BMW used DIS (Diagnostics Information System), and as the programs evolved and due to the nature of the file naming conventions utilized by BMW, the workshop system became known as Rheingold in the enthusiast world. Rheingold in actuality is the folder that contains the main application and data. Rheingold became ISTA-D (D stands for Diagnostics) and BMW’s programming application (not discussed in this document) used the same nomenclature, ISTA except with a P (for programming) or ISTA-P.
BMW Rheingold ISTA Functions List:
1. Module (ECU) errors reading and clearing
2. Gearbox (transmission) and engine adaptations erasing
3. Fuel injectors control, correction amount real time viewing, injector registering
4. Engine mountings testing
5. Mass air flow (MAF) testing and registering. Whole air system testing
6. EGR system control and testing
7.Turbocharger and related components control and testing
8. Diesel particulate filter regeneration (DPF)
9. Battery replacement
10. Oil change and service interval reset
11. Wiring diagrams, live data, repair instructions, technical documents etc
12. Programming, vehicle retrofit, mirror coding, FSC codes adding or updating etc
And many more other functions
Windows 7 (32-bit or 64-bit)
Windows 8 or 8.1 (32-bit or 64-bit)
Windows 10 (32-bit or 64-bit)
Minimum system configuration is now hard coded into the program, although the standalone
versions have this check removed.
2.2Ghz CPU – 2 core minimum, core i5 or i7 recommended
4GB RAM, 8GB recommended
Minimum 20+GB HDD free space for ISTA+ Diagnostics with ONE language, and minimum
100GB for Programming Data.
This version has hardware check removed, however, future versions MAY not have this
feature. A faster system is required.
This version discusses included English Databases only. If more required, add to SQLiteDBs folder, which will need more space.
Interfaces and other requirements
E-S ERIES :
- Interface = K+DCAN Cable or ICOM
- EDIABAS = Low Level ECU Communication Software Server used by ISTA+
F/G/I/M INI /RR-S ERIES :
- Interface = ENET Cable or ICOM
- ICOM A: main interface
- ICOM B: adapter for programming multimedia in E series
- ICOM C: adapter for old BMW with round 20 pin diagnostic plug
- ICOM D: adapter for motorcycles
BMW Rheingold ISTA Usermanual PDF Download:
BMW Rheingold ISTA Installation Guide:
BMW Rheingold ISTA Free download:
BMW ISTA/D 4.23.14 + ISTA/SDP 4.23.12 + ISTA/BLP 4.23.12 + ISTA/P 3.67.1.006 + Tools
BMW Rheingold 4.15.16 + ISTA/SDP 4.15.12 + ISTA/BLP 4.15.12 + ISTA/P 22.214.171.124 + Tools
If you need NEWEST 4.27.31 version with full PSdZData please refer: