Here is a guide on how to update BMW NCS Expert software.
Related NCS Expert Contents:
BMW NCS Expert Software Update Guide:
Download Progman or ISTA. Than unpack archive of vehicle data (for example, SG-DATEN60.rar). 1Go to ECU folder and copy all files to /ediabas/ecu (replace your files with the newest files).
2Go to sgdat folder and copy all files to /NCSEXPER/SGDAT (replace your files with the newest). 3Go to daten folder and start laden.bat If you don’t have laden.bat file go to daten folder and copy all files with .000, .DAT , .ASC extensions to /NCSEXPER/DATEN. And all another files copy to /NCSEXPER/DATEN/E60 (folder of your vehicle data).
Go to folder C:\INPA\CFGDAT\ Open file INPA.ini using notepad Change the “VARIANTE” to ENGLISH and “LANGUAGE” to ENGLISCH
How to properly update your INPA EDIABAS NCSExper tool
To update your system properly it is highly recommented that you use the tool Total Commander. There is a 30 days trial available. If you copy the files manually – without Total commander – you might overwrite newer files with old ones. That’s the difference between updating and doing it properly… What you need checklist:
v40/v41/newer/older ISTA/P files, includes daten – folder
ecu – folder
sgdat – folder:stop:
common sense and basic knowledge in computers
- Make a copy of your EDIABAS, EC-APPS and NCSEXPER folders. It’s always good to keep some backups…
- Start Total Commander
- In the left window of Total Commander, head for your new daten-folder. In the right window, move to C:\NCSEXPER\DATEN\E89 (or another model you want to update). Now
- Click on ‘Mark’ > ‘Mark newer, hide same files’
- As you can see on the following pictures, the newer files on the left will turn red. Drag one of these red files to the right windows and drop it there.
- A window will come up, just confirm it with ‘OK’
- Another window will pop up, now comes the clue: Here, select ‘Overwrite all older’. All newer files will now replace the old ones, while equal versions or even newer files stay untouched.
- Bibidi, babidi, boo – else updating is poo
Repeat this with the following folders:
Also update EXXAT.000 and EXXAEDOC.000 (where XX is chassis type) in the main NCS DATEN folder, it will reduce erros.