Here is the procedure guide on how to set maximum flow volume for Kubota U48-5 and U55-4 excavator. The AUX port has been factory-set to three action modes 1, 2 and 3. The action modes 4 and 5 can also be preset.
How to make the settings
1.With the starter key at the “RUN” position, press the user setting switch (switch 1), and the following display appears on the screen.
(1) User setting switch (switch 1)
2.Press the switch 2 or 3 to select “AUX Flow Ctr Set”, and then press the save switch (switch 5).
(1) Cursor move switch (switch 2 and 3) (2) Save switch (switch 5)
3.Each time the switch 5 is pressed, the mode number changes.
Select your desired setting mode number.
(2) Mode No.
(3) Switch 5
4.Take the following steps to set the icons. Each time the switch 4 is pressed, the setting cursor (arrow mark) shifts position.
Move the cursor above the icon.
(1) Setting curcor (arrow mark)
(3) Switch 4
5.Each time the switch 2 or 3 is pressed, the icon changes. Select your desired icons.
(2) Switch 3
(3) Switch 2
Types of AUX icons
• There is no relationship between the icons and the flow control settings. Select icons to suit the images of attachments to be connected.
• In an action mode with the disable icon preset, such action mode is skipped even if selected.
• Take an example of the following settings :
AUX (standard) icon for action mode 1,
Breaker icon for action mode 2,
Disable icon for actions modes 3, 4 and 5.
Each time the AUX port enable switch (switch 3) is pressed, the display changes from action mode 1, action mode 2 to normal mode in this order.
(a) AUX (Standard)
(b) Brush cutter
(c) Rotary grapple
(h) Tilt bucket
(i) Blank (disable)
[ Setting example ]
(a) Blank (disable) icon
6.Set the maximum flow volume for each AUX port. Press the switch 4 to move the setting cursor (arrow mark) to the port 2 position of AUX1 at the right.
(1) Setting, cursor (arrow) (2) Switch 4
(1) AUX 1
(2) AUX 2
(a) “Port 1”
(b) “Port 2”
(c) “Port 3”
(d) “Port 4”
7.Press the switch 2 or 3 to preset the maximum flow volume. Set the bar to the highest level, and the flow volume will be maximized.
Set the bar to the lowest level (no bar displayed), and there will be no oil flow.
Then press the switch 4 to go to the next port, and make the settings for all the other ports.
• Some attachments might not be activated even when the bar level is still somewhat above the lowest position. Or even when the bars of ports 1 and 2 (or of ports 3 and 4) are at the same level, the same speed might not be achieved.
Those cases are not a machine failure, however. Readjust the bar to the optimum level according to your attachments.
• Suppose that the same attachment is mounted on another machine. Even if the flow control setting is made, the same speed cannot be achieved. Make an optimum setting on each machine.
8Go back to Step 3 to make settings for the next action mode.
When all the settings of all the action modes have been made,press the switch 1 to return to the normal screen.
AUX port MAX. Flow volume
• When the AUX port is not used for a long period, dirt particles can settle in the lower part of the AUX port lines.
When the plugs on the AUX port lines are removed to connect attachments, drain approx. 100 cc (3.4 oz) of oil before making connections.
(1) Switch 1
More repair case for Kubota,please refer to:Kubota Trouble Repair