The purpose of this post is to help DIYer or fleshman technicians to configure BMW Rheingold ISTA with BMW ICOM.And you also can choice BMW K+DCAN or BMW ENET to run BMW Rheingold ISTA software,the configuration and verification guide show at below site,pls click to check you want.
BMW ISTA Download & Installation & Usermanual
Procedures of Configuration BMW ICOM with BMW ISTA:
1. Open used for connection network adapter properties, then “Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)” properties, then enter 169.254.1.1 for “IP address” and 255.255.0.0 for “Subnet mask”.
2. If VMware is installed, open Virtual Network Editor and disconnect from the host any adapters with Subnet Address 169.254.0.0.
3. Open C:\EDIABAS\BIN\EDIABAS.INI with Notepad and check for “Port = 6801” in TCP settings.
4. Connect car with ICOM to PC.
5. Now run BMW Rheingold ISTA using shortcut in start menu and wait until it boots, then press settings button.
6. Select “VCI Config” tab and “HO-ICOM/ENET local and ISIS network”, then “OK”.
7. Go “Operations”, then “Read Out Vehicle Data” and “Complete Identification”.
8. Select your ICOM from the list and press “Set up connection” button.